Smoking KILLS more than alcohol, AIDS, car accidents, illegal drugs, murders, and suicides combined, with thousands more dying from spit tobacco use. In PA, an estimated 18% (1.8 million) adults smoke.
Secondhand smoke contributes to approx. 42,000 deaths among nonsmoking adults and 400 deaths in infants each year. Tobacco use remains high in the LGBT community.
The PA Free Quitline is free to all Pennsylvanians age 14+ and includes the following services:
• Free support, advice and counseling from experienced Quitline coaches
• Up to five quit coach calls (call is initiated by the coach at a time that best suits you)
• Assistance in developing a personalized quit plan
• Unlimited, inbound calls for additional support during times of high risk for using tobacco
• Practical info. on how to quit, including ways to cope with nicotine withdrawal
• Free nicotine replacement therapy (patches, lozenges, gum)
• The latest info. about stop-smoking medications
• Mailed self-help materials
• User-friendly website for tobacco users, family members, and friends that is free, convenient, safe and secure
• Offers self-enrollment to Quitline services
• Provides information for Health Care Providers including Provider Web Referral
YOU CAN QUIT!